IRC (Internet-Relay-Chat) is a text-based chat medium. In short, it is the predecessor to the instant messaging clients like MSN/AIM that most people use today. Although somewhat antiquated, it is still in use and is a great alternative to proprietary and closed-off chat media. The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki has a registered channel on the FreeNode IRC network; for IRC-savvy users, simply join #wikia-yugioh on irc.freenode.net.
If you are unfamiliar with IRC, or are behind a firewall preventing you using it, visit irc.wikia.com, choose a name, select #wikia-yugioh from the drop-down channel box, and click login to join the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki's channel. Other options are available by clicking the advanced options link. You can also access the channel by going to java.freenode.net and typing in a username then hitting connect (if you didn't click the link, then make sure that the box with the # before it says wikia-yugioh before you hit connect).
We recommend you register a nickname when you visit the IRC Channel, this will protect your nickname from use by another user.
- In the following list of commands <Password> is a password for use in IRC (Don't use your Wikia password, your IRC password is visible in plain text at some points in time), <Nick> is a nickname on IRC, <Username> is your username here, <url> is a url.
- To Change your Nickname
- To Register your current Nick, type
/NickServ REGISTER <Password>
- To Identify to NickServ (You do this when you login)
/NickServ IDENTIFY <Password> <valid e-mail address>
- To Access a list of NickServ commands and their info
- To set a URL for your nick
/NickServ SET URL <url>
- We suggest you use
/NickServ SET URL http://mfgyugiohrpg2.wikia.com/wiki/User:<Username>so that people can be directed to your userpage.
- Also remember to make sure the URL is publicly viewable
/NickServ SET HIDE URL OFF
Dueling on IRCEdit
The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki also has two channel for IRC duels. However they're not on Wikia's IRC gateway so you'll need to use the FreeNode Java client or use your own.
- Duel room
- Team duel room